Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII 442nd RCT DI w/ Veteran Provenance

Article about: Here's my latest pickup from eBay, a US made 442nd RCT DI. When I got this DI I asked the seller who was from Honolulu Hawaii if she knew any history behind it. She said she found it while c

Default WWII 442nd RCT DI w/ Veteran Provenance

Here's my latest pickup from eBay, a US made 442nd RCT DI. When I got this DI I asked the seller who was from Honolulu Hawaii if she knew any history behind it. She said she found it while cleaning out her fathers house. She went on to say that her uncle, Takao Matsuoka, was in the 100th Battalion of the 442nd (enlisted 24 March 1943) and he passed away back in 1995. She was also kind enough to send me a online article that her niece wrote that provided some pictures of her uncle. Its sad the family didn't want to keep it but at least I was able to keep a name attached to this piece.

Attached is a photo of Takao Matsuoka (right) with his father. Photos of the Go For Broke Monument in Los Angeles where his name is engraved. Lastly, a photo of his final resting place in Honolulu.

I hope you enjoy, John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII 442nd RCT DI w/ Veteran Provenance   WWII 442nd RCT DI w/ Veteran Provenance  

WWII 442nd RCT DI w/ Veteran Provenance   WWII 442nd RCT DI w/ Veteran Provenance  

WWII 442nd RCT DI w/ Veteran Provenance   WWII 442nd RCT DI w/ Veteran Provenance  

?

Very nice always liked the 442

?

Its great to have the history behind the item!!!
    Excellent pick up!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks guys, if you havent yet make sure to check out my other 442nd DI that I just found! Another WWII 442nd RCT DI w/ Veteran Provenance!!!