MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

ammo box and ?

Article about: Found today two boxes.... i think 1 is a ammo box and the other ? toolbox ? What do you think ? This forst one has many, many numbers from which I do not have ( yet ) any clue what it is. bu

Default ammo box and ?

Found today two boxes.... i think 1 is a ammo box and the other ? toolbox ? What do you think ?

This forst one has many, many numbers from which I do not have ( yet ) any clue what it is. but the LOT makes me think it has to be an ally box..... but the rest of al those numbers? So even no idea frrom which era it is. What do you think ?

ammo box and ?

ammo box and ?

this second one is more difficult since there is almost anything written.... maybe the old handle is a hint ?

ammo box and ?

ammo box and ?

First box looks to be a box for .30 Caliber Ball ammunition. The white label/sticker is covering up the word CLIP but this may have been for the M1 Garand Rifle. There appears to be two dates on the box, the first at the end of the LOT number 57. This may indicate the packing date of 1957. There is a second date in white paint of 05/78 (May 1978)

The second trunk is marked S-3 on the top. The S-3 Section of a unit was usually responsible for Training and Operations of a unit and this may have held documents or other related items that the S3 staff would have brought with them to the field. The second trunk is older than the first metal truck, possibly 1940's and the first ammo crate may date to the mid to late 50s.

Smitty

thanks, I discovered also that the letters PAAG stand for >> .30 Ball on clips x700 and from Fabrique Nationale Herstal Belgium. The other box is more mysterious since that one only has S3 so i am happy with your info about that one.