MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Australian Wash kit (Hold all)

Article about: by AIF Heres the washroll mate, sorry about the picture, my good camera decided to pack it in so I had to use my phone, If you want any close ups of anything or info just ask. Lovely set- I'

Default Australian Wash kit (Hold all)

Hi all new to this site but does anyone have photo of the Australian wash kit (hold all) with all its contents in it.

Thanks Anthony Egretz

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Australian Wash kit (Hold all)

What era mate? I have a lot of the contents for a ww2 one, the wash roll itself is identical to the British one

Hi AIF I'm chasing the ww2 version as I'm part the 1st (C.Q) Light Horse Regiment Rockhampton Historical Troop & Museum because I’m trying to get most of my WW2 desert Armoured uniform and equipment ready for Biloela in July 15-17. PS could you please post up some photos of it please?
    Thanks Anthony Egretz

AIF
    ?

No worries mate I will see what I can do, I will try and get some pics up ASAP

Hi AIF hope you forgotten about posting the photos LOL
    Cheers Anthony Egretz

AIF
    ?

Hi Anthony, No mate I havent forgotten you, Im just trying to locate a couple of items, half of my collection is still boxed up after moving house, will try and look through the last few boxes tonight and get everything together for you.
    Sorry for the delay.

Lucas

AIF
    ?

Heres the washroll mate, sorry about the picture, my good camera decided to pack it in so I had to use my phone, If you want any close ups of anything or info just ask.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian Wash kit (Hold all)  

AIF
    ?

Heres another Item that was also popular, the old toiletries sets, this particular one was given away to soldiers who enlisted in Caulfield NSW as a gift. Its never been used and still has the original soap in it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian Wash kit (Hold all)   Australian Wash kit (Hold all)  

Australian Wash kit (Hold all)  

Hi an Aif thanks for the photo’s there great and full of information. I read the P37 book and it says that the KFS (knife, fork and spoon) were not in holdall they in a separate bag and put in the small pack so did they also put them in the holdall to.
    Cheers Anthony Egretz

AIF
    ?

No worries mate, I will take some better photos of each individual item and explain what each Item is, I havent seen the p37 book you are refering to, but yes the was roll was designed to carry your KFS. I dont really think that the Aussies used the washrolls much after they came back from Nth Africa as they only carried what they really needed in the Pacific theatre, ie. ammo smokes a groundsheet and food

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast