Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Basic Pouches Pattern 37 Aust Colour Variations

Article about: Thought I'd post up some of my more colourful examples

AIF
    ?

Forgot this one... Australian made basic pouch in canvas. It is a bit faded but was originally a mustard colour, I believe these were from the original trials before we started producing Patt 37 in webbing. No makers stamp, although the press stud is marked CARR Australia. Also note the rough cast buckle as well as the belt hooks look to have been hand cut from lengths of brass rods. It has been modelled off a Brit MK1 basic pouch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Basic Pouches Pattern 37 Aust Colour Variations   Basic Pouches Pattern 37 Aust Colour Variations  

Very nice Luke, I would have thought it would be a late war creation due to the Carr Aust snaps? Like found on the large pouches.

?

Quote by AIF View Post
    Indian?
    Nope , late war Aussie Economy JG

AIF
    ?

Quote by Rick W View Post
    Nope , late war Aussie Economy JG
    Mate, that is quite interesting. Do you have pictures of the markings? I know the yokes exist but they are usually dated earlier. Yet to ever see a pair of utility pouches!

AIF
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Very nice Luke, I would have thought it would be a late war creation due to the Carr Aust snaps? Like found on the large pouches.
    No, I believe it predates the first runs of web pouches by Ruskin and Grosby in the latter part of 1942.
    A mate has a pair of the canvas braces to the set still with stamps intact dated 1942. I am not sure how many components were manufactured though as we only know of the braces and basic pouches at present but hopefully I will eventually find more information in the archives if it exists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2