Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British 1937 pattern late war issue webbing belt complete with holster and ammo pouch

Article about: Here is a set that, judging by its colour, must have been united for the last decades or so. Holster and pouch show signs of wear. The belt, which is an economy model, is dated 1943, I think

?

Default British 1937 pattern late war issue webbing belt complete with holster and ammo pouch

British 1937 pattern late war issue webbing belt complete with holster and ammo pouch

Here is a set that, judging by its colour, must have been united for the last decades or so.

Holster and pouch show signs of wear.

The belt, which is an economy model, is dated 1943, I think.

The holster is dated 1943...

...but the pouch was made in 1941.

The buckle looks like low-quality brass.

Economy belts crop up more than once on the photos I have and which were all taken in Arromanches (Normandy) during the summer of 1944.

Notice how there seemed to be no fixed rule as to how holster and pouch(es) should be worn.
    Last edited by Didier; 09-30-2020 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Hosting of photos...

?

Great photo collection Didier!

?

Thank you, Ubique!
    I have my grandfather to thank for that: he was wise enough not to throw them all away when he took over the photo shop in Arromanches in 1945.

Nice set & great photos, Thanks for showing.