Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

British Bergans Two Types WW2

Article about: Continuing on my unsuccessful search for other junk! Well I had access to this pair!

Default British Bergans Two Types WW2

Continuing on my unsuccessful search for other junk! Well I had access to this pair!

?

Well travelled!

?

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Was that swearing at me for a rubbish post?

?

Swearing at myself for duplicating my post LOL.

Great to see these Rene
    I would love to think there was a warehouse full of these just waiting to be discovered but I think we all know that they were likey "gobbled up" by the surplus market and used by hikers, boy scouts et al when '58 patt webbing (which was murderous especially when wet!) was introduced especially as they were never 100% general issue.

During my own service and before the first of those horrible nylon fabric items were introduced in the '80s these achieved "Iconic" status with the Paras, Royal Marines etc and were very highly prized. Usually modified to some extent by cutting/ shortening straps and taping the straps etc to suit the owner. Also, the ends of the metal frame were often covered with copious quantities of sponge rubber held together by an equally great quantity of "black nasty" masking (duct) tape to help reduce the blistering of the waist and hips caused during long "tabs" with heavy weights.

I still have mine somewhere. It's a bit knackered and far from mint condition but somehow I could not part with it

Thanks for showing

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Top shelf junk Rene.