Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Boots , ww2 ?

Article about: Hello I get offer the pieces , can you help my dating the boots ? . Unfortunately both are different stamped . best regards Michael

Default British Boots , ww2 ?

Hello

I get offer the pieces , can you help my dating the boots ? . Unfortunately both are different stamped .

best regards
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Boots , ww2  ?   British Boots , ww2  ?  

British Boots , ww2  ?   British Boots , ww2  ?  

British Boots , ww2  ?  

British WW2 type ammo boots, might be date marked on the bottom of the sole. Look fine if you need a pair.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    British WW2 type ammo boots, might be date marked on the bottom of the sole. Look fine if you need a pair.
    I agree. These particular boots appear to have been double soled and show signs of being burnished so they were probably a "best" pair or what are more usually called "drill boots". The date is important as this type of boot is still in use today (although the heel cup has changed over time) by the Footguards of the Household Division and many drill instructors in training regiments. To qualify that however, these are marked WD ie War Department which title was used until 1964 when it became The Ministry of Defence. I wouldn't be concerned that they are marked differently as they may well have been mixed up at the cobblers or even conceivably at point of issue.

Regards

Mark

PS "Ammo" boots =ammunition boots, just a colloquial nickmane and nothing at all to do with ammunition.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

The studs do not look like a normal WD pattern to me. The examples I have seen are also dated on the sole inside.

As for date as Watchdog has stated war-time pattern up to the 60's but I would personally doubt if they are WW2.

Thank you gentelmens ! i ask the owner for more stamps :-) .

The seller found inside the sole stamps :

1942 7 L

Ar this the date and size ?

?

A size 7 large with 1942 date. Did the seller send you a pic of this?

unfortunately the boots was already sold .