Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

British-looking enamel mugs

Article about: These look somehow British...from a distance, but my gut feeling is that they aren't. Do you think there is any possibility they are WW2 British army stuff? Regards, Didier

?

Default British-looking enamel mugs

British-looking enamel mugsBritish-looking enamel mugsBritish-looking enamel mugs
    These look somehow British...from a distance, but my gut feeling is that they aren't.
    Do you think there is any possibility they are WW2 British army stuff?

Regards,

Didier

No, these will be workmen's mugs from the 1930's/40's/50's.

The Govt would not pay the extra cost for the different coloured enamel detail to the rims etc.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you very much indeed for your reply, Ade.

?

Unfortunately, the 1944 date on the CS Militaria mug does not mean per se that it was issued to the British army.

British-looking enamel mugsBritish-looking enamel mugsBritish-looking enamel mugsBritish-looking enamel mugsBritish-looking enamel mugsBritish-looking enamel mugsBritish-looking enamel mugsBritish-looking enamel mugsBritish-looking enamel mugsBritish-looking enamel mugsBritish-looking enamel mugs

Regards,

Didier

I can remember you could buy these white enamel mugs with blue edge in the 1970's from most camping supply stores in New Zealand, and they were new, not old stock. So still being manufactured in that decade if not later. Very tricky today trying so sort out which were wartime made one I would think.