Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Charging set Lightweight 80 Watt

Article about: -Some pictures of my 80 watt charging set. These small sets are often overlooked and passed by when seen for sale at rallies. If you see one for less than £20 buy it. These little sets were

Default Charging set Lightweight 80 Watt

-Some pictures of my 80 watt charging set. These small sets are often overlooked and passed by when seen for sale at rallies. If you see one for less than £20 buy it. These little sets were carried in a variety of WWII vehicles, especially jeeps. Somewhere I have the official booklet on fitting them into jeeps and will post at a later date. Enjoy. John.
    I have never found the canvas cover for one of these, if anyone has a surplus one or one I could borrow for a pattern I would be very greatful.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Charging set Lightweight 80 Watt   Charging set Lightweight 80 Watt  

Default Re: Charging set Lightweight 80 Watt

These small charging sets are often overlooked when seen on stalls at rallys but they are worth buying as a piece of WWII history. Somewhere I have the fitting instructions for putting them into jeeps. One thing I have never found is the canvass cover for this set, if anyone here has a surplus one or one I could borrow for a pattern I would love to hear from you. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Charging set Lightweight 80 Watt   Charging set Lightweight 80 Watt  

Charging set Lightweight 80 Watt   Charging set Lightweight 80 Watt  

Sorry for the double pictures above, cannot explain what went wrong. Below is a well kitted out jeep with the charging set. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Charging set Lightweight 80 Watt  

Hi John, I have one of these too My friend is restoring it for me. I bought 5 in various stages of destruction. We should get two working ones out of them, one going to him for doing the work.

Mine lacks the cover too.

I see the mounting instructions are for the No.62 Wireless set.

In the Airborne Jeep set up, the charging set was mounting in the front passenger foot well.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi John, I have one of these too My friend is restoring it for me. I bought 5 in various stages of destruction. We should get two working ones out of them, one going to him for doing the work.

Mine lacks the cover too.

I see the mounting instructions are for the No.62 Wireless set.

In the Airborne Jeep set up, the charging set was mounting in the front passenger foot well.

Cheers, Ade.
    They can be a real sod to start, very good when running. John.

this bastard was pushed the length of Ginkel Heath by a good friend of mine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Charging set Lightweight 80 Watt  

I recall that It proved the worth of the "A Frame". Only trouble was, it looked like I had broken down...

Cheers, Ade.

phardacre
    ?

Hi All, I have just got hold of one of these fab little charging sets. I'm looking for any information and documentation I can find for it, can anyone help please?

I got my instruction booklet from the R. Sigs. museum in Blandford. The curator at the timr printed it off for me. John.

rmpop
    ?

hi my husband has one of these units. it currently doesn't run. he is trying to find out about its spark plugs and also would appreciate it if anyone knows what colour of green it should be.
    he has the canvas cover which seems like it is a rare thing! but not the side panels.
    Does anyone have a date we think ours is around 1945, which would make it after WW2 which we thought strange.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast