Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Escape compasses

Article about: After i see the pic of escape compasses by Adrian ,i decide to make some research in the web ,because i know nothing about the escape compasse ,i think is really interesting piece of war , i

Default Escape compasses

After i see the pic of escape compasses by Adrian ,i decide to make some research in the web ,because i know nothing about the escape compasse ,i think is really interesting piece of war , i am curios to read more about the compas and i find this web site !!

one of my friend say to me , i check all my uniform buttons , and he find one compass inside the button!! wow

Escape compasses
    Attached Images Attached Images Escape compasses 

Default Re: Escape compasses

Hi Pierre, thanks for the link.

I can tell you a story about one of the compasses listed as "unknown" in the link. I have one of these in my colllection. In the early 1970's in Britain you could buy a brand of black boy's shoes called "Clarkes Commandos". I had a pair They had a hidden escape compass in the heel. Were these specially made for these shoes or were they WW2 surplus? I don't know? Either way I still have mine

Cheers, Ade.

Wow ,nice history Adrian !same for my friend , he check all uniforms , and he find one compass inside button !! i think many collector know nothing about this compass,

for my part , i think is really interesting war item ! and i buy one set , the small and bigger

Pierre

Adrian , i am interested to see exactly where you find yours ! in the shoes please post a pic , with compass

Ade i remember them well, i also used to have a pair of them shoes i was forever going out and trying to get lost to see if i could find my way home what a silly boy i was thanx for posting Pierre

Hi Pierre, the shoes are long gone. I was mistaken about the name of the shoes.

The ones with the compass in the heel were these called "Wayfinders". I had a pair of these too. My Mum worked in a shoe shop These were really cool for a 10 year old boy! A secret compass and animal tracks on the sole.

Hi Ronnie, all this kind of stuff has a lot to answer for! All the comics etc that we grew up on.

Cheers, Ade,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape compasses  

Thank Adrian ! very interesting ! the shoe made after War , its the same compass ?? of military ?

Hi Pierre, yes the shoes were made in the early 1970's.

I will take a pic of the compass which was in them tomorrow.

Cheers, Ade.

other interesting link

Compass Museum - Escape compasses

Finally took a photo of the compass in my collection which came out of the shoes I mentioned earlier.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Escape compasses  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast