Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Hand Tools -Broad Arrow marked

Article about: Over the years searching through swap meetings (auto jumbles) and the odd garage sale (yard sale) I have turned up a few tools marked with the broad arrow and a year showing that they were o

A motorcycle would make sense given the size but why one would be painted that colour baffles me.

Could it be a 'rear view' rather than a 'wing' (side) mirror? If so, I'd be thinking 'rear view' for a fire appliance or, possibly, a General Post Offices (GPO) vehicle; in fact, GPO could also explain motorbike!

The colour looks a bit off for either but could be down to fading, 'on screen' effect or any manner of other factors.

As I understand it, GPO was equipped by MOS for some time after WW2, so Broad Arrow / WD marked items could have filtered through; in fact I believe the Broad Arrow means 'Govt Property', rather than purely military, so that would actually be appropriate & only the "WD" bit would be slightly out of place on GPO kit.
    Last edited by brickie501; 03-05-2021 at 02:23 PM.

?

Thank you Brickie, the colour baffles me too. I am familiar with the civvy chromed versions of these, often mounted on sports car wind screen pillars. The P clamp mounting is usually wing or external fitting, mounted on a post with a 'knuckle' for adjustment. But its got me stumped.

UK '44 set I have

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5