Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help identifying Military bag

Article about: I would like some help in the identification of this , what I believe is a WW2 era canvas bag. It does not appear to be US and has no other markings except for the possible soldier ID number

?

Default Help identifying Military bag

I would like some help in the identification of this , what I believe is a WW2 era canvas bag. It does not appear to be US and has no other markings except for the possible soldier ID number written on the flap and the JJ-26-4 stamp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Help identifying Military bagHelp identifying Military bagHelp identifying Military bagHelp identifying Military bagHelp identifying Military bagHelp identifying Military bagHelp identifying Military bagHelp identifying Military bag

I am no expert on US webbing but it does look very similar to the bag on the front of this Despatch riders bike.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying Military bag  

?

Yes it does... very much. I originally thought it may be a type of a Mussett bag... but the US ones that I saw, usually have straps... not snaps.

Yep agree with Roger M on the ID. There does appear to be a laundry mark, last 4 digits of the owners ASN inside. Nice find!

Lightweight gas mask bag IMHO.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Lightweight gas mask bag IMHO.
    John
    I agree with John - Gasmask Bag -
    cheers, Glenn

Yep deffo a mask bag , here's one of mine for comparison.