Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Help Me Identify this Type of this U.S. Pistol Belt

Article about: I've seen a lot of web belts in my day but I've never seen one with snaps all the way around the middle row. Unfortunately the makers marks are illegible. However two numbers I can make out

Default Help Me Identify this Type of this U.S. Pistol Belt

I've seen a lot of web belts in my day but I've never seen one with snaps all the way around the middle row. Unfortunately the makers marks are illegible. However two numbers I can make out are the year ...looks like Help Me Identify this Type of this U.S. Pistol BeltHelp Me Identify this Type of this U.S. Pistol BeltHelp Me Identify this Type of this U.S. Pistol BeltHelp Me Identify this Type of this U.S. Pistol Belt62

I believe they were issued for the M1 carbine mag pouches. I thought they were issued to the USMC during WWII but cannot be certain. Not too common of an item. I am pretty sure I have one but I would not be able to find in storage without a great deal of work.
    John

That makes sense. It must be a pretty uncommon configuration as I can't find another one that's set up this way

?

U.S.M.C. for the single M-14 mag pouches. Will post a pic of mine if needed. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Quote by rra227 View Post
    U.S.M.C. for the single M-14 mag pouches. Will post a pic of mine if needed. Rich A. in Pa.
    Nice work Rich!v I was incorrect.

USMC M-1961 M61 Equipment Pistol Belt 20rd Mag M-14 Pouches

John