Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hexamine Tablets

Article about: Some U.S. WW2 heat tablets.The directions say to dig a very small hole,put some tablets in and light them,then put pot over hole.For emergency use I guess.

?

Default Hexamine Tablets

Some U.S. WW2 heat tablets.The directions say to dig a very small hole,put some tablets in and light them,then put pot over hole.For emergency use I guess.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hexamine Tablets  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Default Re: Hexamine Tablets

I love items like this. I had not seen this type before so thanks for showing them.

The smell of these burning is very distinctive. The British Army used "Hexy" tablets post war and I have used those many times over the years at LH events.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Ade,here is some later Canadian heat tablets,`69 and `70 issue.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hexamine Tablets  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Reg
    ?

The modern wax packet Brit army hexamine looks very much like the Kendal mint cake issued in some ration packs........Very confusing when kids pick the stuff up, they only make the mistake once poor blighters!

Reg

N.B DISCLAIMER. In no way do I endorse the feeding of hexamine to minors!!! it should be used and consumed by responsible adults only!

ian
    ?

i remember them reg with a metal cooker thingy that bit your fingers when you tried to open it
    didnt use them much only on escape and evaision
    being on tanks
    it was nice to ride on your house rather than carry it on your back
    cheers ian

Reg
    ?

Thats the one Ian, I think the idea was pinched from a German ww2 metal type hexy cooker! Anyone confirm this please?

Remember the old joke about having nothing do to but watch "hexy TV" (the mesmorsed effect that a burning hexamine tablet can have on an exhausted squaddie) But you tank boys probaby had a George Foreman grill wired into your kit.

Nice items for a collection there Zwerge, this stuff must be quite rare as from my own experience it was a devil of a job to get issued the stuff, consumables must be one the rarest forms of militaria collectable.

Cheers
    Reg

ian
    ?

reg the g1098 had boxes and boxes of them but they looked to prety on the shelf so they would never issue them
    you know the old story
    sorry only one left you cant have it incase someone els wants it
    the storemans poem

?

Here's the German cooker with an original WWII box of tablets. Notice on the end of the box is a picture of two German soldiers using it.

Best Regards,
    Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hexamine Tablets   Hexamine Tablets  

Hexamine Tablets   Hexamine Tablets  

?

I've got loads of the modern British army hexy blocks and burners in a box in my cellar!
    My son was told "you're a scout leader so lose them for me!" by his QM when his unit, (regular army), was doing stores checks etc earlier last year.

There is a British base 30 miles from my house here in Canada, and I remember the Armoured boys had a cube shaped electric pressure cooker, so the GF Grill is close. I have used hexi cookers for years, they are great for a quick brew up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast