Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I got stranger canteen need help

Article about: What is canteen era ? can someone help me

One similar here..
    Just type in canteen uss 2qt in Google and some will come up...
    Could be 1900-1920?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    One similar here..
    Just type in canteen uss 2qt in Google and some will come up...
    Could be 1900-1920?
    Definitely could be that early, maybe even the late 1800's. These style canteens were extremely popular Sometimes referred to as "western" canteens. Often used for camping, hunting and even cowboys! I used similar ones as a boy even into the 70's. Probably still have it somewhere. They still make this style today.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Greetings Gents,

The "USS" logo on the canteen is the United States Steel Corporation's trademark. The company was founded in 1901, so not a US Civil War's piece. I believe this is as discussed, a wholly civilian marketed canteen and not military. There may be more info to be mined on Google using "United States Steel Corporation marked canteen" or something like that.

Best,

V/r Lance

I got stranger canteen need help

Thank you guy a lot for help me find About the canteen look like is civilian canteen

?

I agree looks civilian to me, seems quite large to have to carry around in combat.

My friend and authority as regards the knowledge on US uniform & equipment - Hayes Otoupalik clearly identified this canteen: "This absolutely an American civilian canteen and dates from the 1930s to 1960s period. These were widely sold for use in carrying extra water with the Car, and for people in desert conditions because of its large 2 quart design as used by American Cowboys, Hunters, Campers. It is not military."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2