Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Indian 37 pat water bottle, tinned.

Article about: Here's a waterbottle i bought on a punt at £5. Since there has been a few posts about waterbottles lately, and having seen Warspite's blog with a similar example, I stripped the felt to look

I just received a water bottle identical to the one Karkee posted. It is made of plated (tinned?) metal with a large eyelet soldered to the neck and a crude edge around the opening of the neck. The bottle is covered in khaki drill over what appears to be wool.

Although the cork is attached to the eyelet with a metal chain which I doubt is original the cork itself seems to be; it has a tinned metal top that resembles a modern crown cork. A metal eyelet goes through the cork, but unlike I've seen on British corks the eyelet doesn't have a small bolt on the underside of the cork but instead a small metal plate/washer that seems to be soldered into place.

I have no idea about the date of production, as the cover is solid and I don't feel like opening the bottom to see if it's dated. It came with a India-pattern carrier with buckle close and a brace, none of which were dated anywhere.

Last edited by earlymb; 11-30-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Anyone have a post-war dated Indian canteen? I would like to know if mine is wartime production without damaging the cover.

Chain securing cork to the bottle neck is original, I have identical water bottle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2