Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Lanterns

Article about: One of my (too many) interests is antique hurricane lanterns. I had a stroke of luck recently when I got a call from the local charity shop letting me know that two English lanterns had just

?

Lanterns

Lanterns

I thought it would be nice to mark the passing of the 75th Anniversary of VP day by displaying my WWII bunting with three country-matching lanterns. The lanterns are a 1941 dated Dietz Victor, a defence Department stamped Australian Aurora from the 1930's and an A.W. Sanderson from Birminghan stamped 1944. To honour all those who fought for freedom.

?

Happy to score this Air Raid Precaution traffic lantern circa WWII. Made in the UK with a shade to hide the light from enemy aircraft. Uses included marking intersections and traffic islands for traffic during blackouts.

Lanterns

Lanterns

Lanterns

?

An interesting thread here covering the Traffic Control lights discussed on page 2.

Ex Military Railway Handlamp - Trailers, plant and equipment - HMVF - Historic Military Vehicles Forum

?

Nice link, thank you M1910.

?

Pleased to add a 1941 Sanderson to my group. Cleaned off a lot of rust but solid underneath. Seems to be a war austerity model made when labour and materials were short as it does not have the features of other Sanderson's. I can imagine these being used in the Anderson Shelters.

Lanterns

Lanterns

Lanterns

Lanterns

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4