Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for an WW2 A10 or A14 oxygen mask?

Article about: Hello Gent's. I'm looking for a USAAF A10 or A14 oxygen mask in great to excellent condition (No Damage) dated in the early 1944 range(1/44 to 4/44) to complete my B17 Gunners headgear set u

?

Default Looking for an WW2 A10 or A14 oxygen mask?

Hello Gent's.
    I'm looking for a USAAF A10 or A14 oxygen mask in great to excellent condition (No Damage) dated in the early 1944 range(1/44 to 4/44) to complete my B17 Gunners headgear set up. I have been searching ebay and even did a google and bing search but have not found anything that is not outrageously over priced. I don't mind paying good money for one but just don't want to be over one.
    If anybody has any other site's that they use that I may check out. It would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 04-26-2014 at 03:54 AM.

I know what you mean, Phil. I've been looking for a reasonable priced A-14 for a while. Most of the eBay ones seem to be old unissued stock, but out of my price range. I'd be happy with a beaten up cheap one as I just want to pull it apart and check it out. But I can't even find a rough one for a reasonable price. The Russian KM-17 is based on the A-14, but I'd have more chance of winning the lotto than finding one of those, so I figured an A-14 is the next best thing.

I had plans of a P-51 oxygen system display. Already have the regulator, long hose from the regulator, Oxygen flow gauges etc., but haven't decided which mask would be best suited to a P-51D as yet. eBay has just gotten a bit crazy lately.

Cheers, Willie.

?

Well it looks like we are in the same boat Willie and I am not the only one having this problem.

Your P51D display sounds like a great idea and would be very interesting to see when done.
    In the book " Gear Up" Flight Clothing and Equipment of USAAF airmen in WW2. There are several period photo's of P51 pilots wearing the A14. One of the pic's is of P51 "Ace" Maj. Robert E. Turner of the 356th FS wearing a AN-H-15 flight helmet and AN6530 googles with the A14 Oxygen mask.

I hope you find your's and we don't wind up bidding against each other for it!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Not exactly cheap, but I don't know what the going rate is (near the bottom of the page):

Bombphoons Vintage Aviation

Both of these are good sites (although most of the prices are out of my range - it's nice to look at the pictures though!) - Bombphoons is regularly updated, Historic flying clothing used to be updated but hasn't been for some time

Bombphoons Vintage Aviation

The Historic Flying Clothing Company

?

Thank You Grimebox for the links. Those are the top top end price for what I am looking for. They sell anywhere from $100 to $200 range depending on if they are used or New old issue in box.

SF
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Well it looks like we are in the same boat Willie and I am not the only one having this problem.

Your P51D display sounds like a great idea and would be very interesting to see when done.
    In the book " Gear Up" Flight Clothing and Equipment of USAAF airmen in WW2. There are several period photo's of P51 pilots wearing the A14. One of the pic's is of P51 "Ace" Maj. Robert E. Turner of the 356th FS wearing a AN-H-15 flight helmet and AN6530 googles with the A14 Oxygen mask.

I hope you find your's and we don't wind up bidding against each other for it!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks for the advice,Phil. I was leaning towards an A-14 for the display, so you've talked me into it. That way I can kill two birds with one stone and get some insight into the KM-17 as well.

I'll keep an eye out for the book, it sounds worth a look.

Cheers, Willie.

Collecting Militaria must be a rapidly growing hobby. Demand seems to be outpacing supply.
    I just saw a well used 1945 A-14 mask go for over US$160, with damage and pieces of rubber missing from the cheek flaps.
    To each his own, I suppose, but they're not that rare that I'd pay that price for a damaged mask.

Cheers, Willie.

Further to the subject of A-14 oxygen masks, I was sent this link of a WW2 re-enactor posing beside a P-51D at an airshow.
    Plane Talking - HyperScale's Aircraft Scale Model Discussion Forum: Lynn Ritger at the airshow in WWII flight gear.

Cheers, Willie.

Julia Allan
    ?

If you also interesting in the last innovation of an oxygen-mask , you might want visit this link : Oxygen masks - All medical device manufacturers - Videos