Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Modified USAAF Type C-1 Survival Vest

Article about: Hello everyone, I thought that I'd post some pics of a vest that I purchased at an antique store several weeks ago. Its been modified quite a bit. Background research indicates that these we

?

Default Modified USAAF Type C-1 Survival Vest

Hello everyone,

I thought that I'd post some pics of a vest that I purchased at an antique store several weeks ago. Its been modified quite a bit. Background research indicates that these were worn by airmen up until the Vietnam War, so the vest may have been altered at that time but who knows for sure. Thanks for looking.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Modified USAAF Type C-1 Survival Vest   Modified USAAF Type C-1 Survival Vest  

Modified USAAF Type C-1 Survival Vest   Modified USAAF Type C-1 Survival Vest  

Modified USAAF Type C-1 Survival Vest  
    Attached Images Attached Images Modified USAAF Type C-1 Survival Vest  Modified USAAF Type C-1 Survival Vest 

Nice set, a lot of these got modified due to the straps being catchy.

Hey Tom may I ask a dumb question? am anyway! on the inbuilt M1911 holster, would the oval leather part be there for a tie piece to secure the weapon at the trigger guard?

?

Hey Rene,

I believe you are correct, or at least it makes sense to me. Honestly, I don't know enough about these at this point. Maybe someone can weigh in on this and perhaps provide a photo.

Tom