Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mystery British Webbing Pack

Article about: Hi, I bought this at Beltring some years ago and cannot figure out what its purpose is. Dated 1955 and very stiff canvas compared to WW2 type. Obviously never used. Thanks.

Default Mystery British Webbing Pack

Hi,
    I bought this at Beltring some years ago and cannot figure out what its purpose is.
    Dated 1955 and very stiff canvas compared to WW2 type.
    Obviously never used.
    Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery British Webbing Pack   Mystery British Webbing Pack  

I think these are Australian. I used to have one or two. I never could find out what the flap was for so I’m interested to see what others say. I have seen pictures of it rolled up and tied but never being used for anything.

Here's another photo. The brass fittings are not as smooth and finished as an original 37 pattern WW2 pack, and there are these extra tabs each side for strapping on something. Seems an awful lot of attaching places for what essentially is a rather small pack. I was thinking maybe for radio equipment ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery British Webbing Pack  

Possibly Danish or Israeli 1955 is a little late for Dutch P'37