Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help!! 1944 Garand Sling authenticity

Article about: I just bought a NOS '44 MILSCO M-1907 Garand sling. I'm wondering about authenticity. I have many 70+ year old leather items, They smell old, but not like leather. This sling looks authentic

Exclamation Need Help!! 1944 Garand Sling authenticity

I just bought a NOS '44 MILSCO M-1907 Garand sling. I'm wondering about authenticity.
    I have many 70+ year old leather items, They smell old, but not like leather.
    This sling looks authentic (dimensions seem okay) and old, plus it has the metal parts covered in sticky cosmoline.
    But the leather is still soft and has the distinct leather smell...
    So my question is really about the possibility of the leather smelling after so many years.
    They were selling a lot of these, so my guess is that they came from a storage crate, probably tightly packed in wax paper.

I try to keep my '44 M1 Garand (and accessories) as authentic as possible. So if it's repro I don't want it!!!

Thanks in advance for your input!!!Need Help!! 1944 Garand Sling authenticity

G'day, I have many period Japanese leather items that have certainly retained that distinctive leather smell. Cheers.

Many thanks Chris, there might be hope then!! I definitely paid the price for an original.....