Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Question about Bino. Prism NO2 MK II binoculars

Article about: Hello, I recently bought myself a pair of British binoculars at a thrift store for 7,50 Euro. I saw and kind of recognised them. I quickly searched them online and it appeared to be war time

?

Default Question about Bino. Prism NO2 MK II binoculars

Hello,

I recently bought myself a pair of British binoculars at a thrift store for 7,50 Euro. I saw and kind of recognised them. I quickly searched them online and it appeared to be war time produced ones. Even though it could be a replica I took it home.

So my question is are these binoculars war time produced or is it a replica from after the war. I have been told it might've bin a civilian use binocular that was used post war because there no dates or something like that on the binoculars. But I really don't know. I have linked the photos below. It also came with a leather bag which I am pretty certain of is not war time because the leather feels fake. There is some kind of code or name on the bag which I forgot to take a picture of so I will tell it here ''K O H - I - N O O R''. It also has some kind of hexagon on it.

Regards, Seb
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about Bino. Prism NO2 MK II binoculars   Question about Bino. Prism NO2 MK II binoculars  

Question about Bino. Prism NO2 MK II binoculars   Question about Bino. Prism NO2 MK II binoculars  

Question about Bino. Prism NO2 MK II binoculars   Question about Bino. Prism NO2 MK II binoculars  

Question about Bino. Prism NO2 MK II binoculars  

?

These also were made for the Dutch army, and several other countries IMO, Notice the KL stamp, (Koninklijke Landmacht) Royal Dutch Army
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about Bino. Prism NO2 MK II binoculars  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

So that means it is probably post war as I saw somewhere that the binoculars were produced in 1942.

?

There are several sites dedicated to the collectors of these types of Binoc's, more research should be performed.
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

It does have the Broad Arrow though, so not civilian.

?

Might be a dumb question but where is this broad arrow? Are these the 3 droplets of water on the front?

Quote by Seb190 View Post
    Might be a dumb question but where is this broad arrow? Are these the 3 droplets of water on the front?
    The Broad arrow mark was originally an heraldic symbol but has been used for many years as a British military acceptance / ownership mark.
    On your binos the mark is incomplete but it is still clear enough. So, with both British and NL marks perhaps this was an originally British item subsequently provided to NL?

See pics below re the Broad arrow.

Regards

Mark

Question about Bino. Prism NO2 MK II binocularsQuestion about Bino. Prism NO2 MK II binoculars
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."