Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Question about British ARP First Aid Satchel

Article about: Gentlemen. I wonder if anyone can tell me anything about this Satchel? This is the first I have encountered of the type and I doubt it's authenticity. The webbing satchel is completely witho

Default Question about British ARP First Aid Satchel

Gentlemen.

I wonder if anyone can tell me anything about this Satchel?

This is the first I have encountered of the type and I doubt it's authenticity. The webbing satchel is completely without maker's stamps or markings and some of the contents, in particular the ARP brassard, appear brand new.

Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Simon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about British ARP First Aid Satchel   Question about British ARP First Aid Satchel  

Question about British ARP First Aid Satchel   Question about British ARP First Aid Satchel  

Question about British ARP First Aid Satchel   Question about British ARP First Aid Satchel  

I would share your doubts, the webbing satchel has some odd construction features, like attaching the two straps to the front of the flap instead of underneath which was the norm with webbing packs etc. I'm thinking a movie prop piece perhaps. Quite cleverly done as a display piece.

Many thanks for your input. I have since posting the thread found an identical bag in poor condition sold in 2018.

Still a strange one though!

Hi Simon.

Is this by any chance for sale on eBay.de?

The reason I ask is because there is an infamous seller of fake items who uses the same background when taking photos.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

Latest items

Dealer^

Hi Will.

No, I took those pictures at my home and the bag appeared over here . As mentioned earlier I eventually found an identical bag sold in 2018 in very poor condition so I now feel comfortable with it.

Thanks for your interest though.

Very best regards,

Simon