Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rigging Strap Help Please

Article about: I am trying to figure out what this strap thing was used for an figure out the correct name for said thing. Equipment thingy is not very descriptive. Another person I spoke with thought is w

Default Rigging Strap Help Please

I am trying to figure out what this strap thing was used for an figure out the correct name for said thing. Equipment thingy is not very descriptive. Another person I spoke with thought is was used by airbourne for equipment drops. My google skill set has run out of options in locating. I am hoping someone will recognize it. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
    John

Rigging Strap Help PleaseRigging Strap Help PleaseRigging Strap Help Please

Hi John.

I found an example of your strap.

It is described as - WWII Tow Strap
    Jay-Dee dated 1943. These were used to carry antitank 37mm guns, other weapons and ammo carts.
    The rope is 42in. Long and canvas strap is 27in. Long x 2in. Wide. Overall 70in. Long.
    GI M-1918 10th. Mountain Division Drag Rope | Charleys Surplus

Kind regards,

Will
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rigging Strap Help Please   Rigging Strap Help Please  

Rigging Strap Help Please   Rigging Strap Help Please  

It is mentioned here too -

It is the so called WW2 US “Rope, drag, with shoulder strap, M-1918”.

Developed to be used with mountain troops to tow a light artillery piece, cart or sledge.
    These were also used by other troops, like the paratroopers.

Mentioned in the “GI collectors guide Vol.1” on page 157.
    WW2 US drag rope – WW2 Militaria, Scale-models, Books, etc.

The picture is in the Quartermaster Catalogue #QM 3-4...
    Boyt 1942 what is it? mule strap? - FIELD & PERSONAL GEAR SECTION - U.S. Militaria Forum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rigging Strap Help Please  

That is the item. Thank you. Much appreciated. I was starting to down the 10th mountain division items but was looking for repelling pick off strap. I would not have found the item. Thanks again.
    John

No worries Sir.