MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Sam Browne Belt, WW2?

Article about: I am wondering if this Sam Browne belt is from ww2. There are no markings unfortunately. I found one identical to this one that was also labelled ww2 but I could use a second opinion. Thanks

Default Sam Browne Belt, WW2?

I am wondering if this Sam Browne belt is from ww2. There are no markings unfortunately. I found one identical to this one that was also labelled ww2 but I could use a second opinion. Thanks!
    Sam Browne Belt, WW2?Sam Browne Belt, WW2?Sam Browne Belt, WW2?Sam Browne Belt, WW2?

I did a little more research and came to the conclusion that this is not a WW2 era belt because of the trapeze shaped metal rings.

Nice one, I have a couple and I could never date them.

Devilishly difficult to date or even be sure which country made them. Used in all the Commonwealth nations and the US had a version as well. And often no marks.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Devilishly difficult to date or even be sure which country made them. Used in all the Commonwealth nations and the US had a version as well. And often no marks.
    I agree. One of the hardest pieces of kit to date/attribute without marks or provenance. Modern ones follow the same design but are of course brand new and carry NATO Stock Numbers. Except of course the private purchase ones from military outfitters

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 06-15-2021 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

That makes sense. I was looking at some of the Sam Browne belts on The Collector's Guild (germanmilitaria.com) and saw those belts had oval rings and brass buttons whereas this one has darker buttons and trapeze rings. Definitely do not want to risk purchasing it.