Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Spy Radio Steam Generator

Article about: Pictured below is my steam generator. They were dropped into occupied Europe as well into Burma.

Default Spy Radio Steam Generator

Pictured below is my steam generator. They were dropped into occupied Europe as well into Burma.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spy Radio Steam Generator   Spy Radio Steam Generator  

Spy Radio Steam Generator   Spy Radio Steam Generator  

Default Re: Spy Radio Steam Generator

Hi
    Very nice. I love this sort of equipment.I have a small Stuart and Turner marine engine from the 1930,s. Thanks for showing.

Martin

Hi John, I have always wanted one of these. I have seen several over the years at steam & vintage vehicle rallies being demonstrated by the guys with stationary engines.

I am told a lot of these were sold as new surplus many years ago and that is how many survive today.

I was once promised one, but the offer never materialised.

Have you ever run yours?

Cheers, Ade.

Aide, thanks for looking at the steam generator. I bought it from ebay about 4 years ago. It has never been run, but has been admired by enthusasts such as your self. One ex signaller came up to me and said that they were usless in Burma becacse the wood in the Naga hills was so damp they couldnt get up pressure and they asked for the American pedal gennies instead. The natives wives would pedal away all day whilst the men were out on patrol. John.

Quote by mauser98k View Post
    Hi
    Very nice. I love this sort of equipment.I have a small Stuart and Turner marine engine from the 1930,s. Thanks for showing.

Martin
    I have just posted some pictures of my 80 watt charging set if you are interested. John.

Hi John, you are a man after my own heart

Cheers, Ade.

Wow we have one of them are they still very collectible and can I put some pictures on here please

?

The main war-time version was the Firefly. These were certainly manufactured up to 1945 so when the second model was introduced others may be able to say.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spy Radio Steam Generator   Spy Radio Steam Generator