Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Star of David

Article about: Hi, any idea what this is (apart from star of David) and what it was used for? It's made of metal and is about 75mm wide. Thanks

Default Star of David

Hi, any idea what this is (apart from star of David) and what it was used for? It's made of metal and is about 75mm wide. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Star of David  

CBH
    ?

Looks like a (Shuriken) or Ninja Star, sold by the millions in the 1980’s when Ninjas where the craze.

?

Something like this comes to mind but it might be a bit small.

Star of David

Steve

Those Ninja stars had 4 points and weren't in the shape of the Jude star. Greetings

I agree Chis that’s what I first thought but I think Steve is onto something as the star in the OP doesn’t have sharpened edges

MAP
    ?

Any more context? Where was this found? Ground dug? At a military site?

It could be anything
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Found it between all kind of military stuff, amongst medals and patches. So I don't know the history or the place where it comes from.

An indication of size would be helpful.

Depending on size it could be anything from a decorative assembly washer to the type of bearing plate for a brickwork through-bolt as shown by Steve in post #3. There are many different styles and there are even modern types in use today where a brick wall or such like needs reinforcement or repair.

Based on the information at hand I can't imagine a militaria connection and I doubt it has any connection to Judaism.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

As mentioned, it's 75 mm from point to point, about the same size of a genuine Jude star. Was it used to draw the Jude stars on the textile?

?

Remember that this shape is not only a Star of David. It was also used on swords as intertwined Triangles. A sign of Strength.
    Semper Fi
    Phil