Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Walkie Talkie dated April 1953

Article about: I can only assume this is Korean war era which may or may not of seen service but will let you be the judge of that. I picked this up at the Max Show as it was tucked away between some other

Default US Walkie Talkie dated April 1953

I can only assume this is Korean war era which may or may not of seen service but will let you be the judge of that.

I picked this up at the Max Show as it was tucked away between some other stuff on one of the tables. I was not looking for this item...but it was something I have always wanted ..and preferably a WW2 example..but I will take this one anyway. I picked it up for $120.
    Here are the photos and its just a conversation piece to add to a corner spot in the mancave.

Regards Larry

US Walkie Talkie dated April 1953US Walkie Talkie dated April 1953US Walkie Talkie dated April 1953US Walkie Talkie dated April 1953US Walkie Talkie dated April 1953US Walkie Talkie dated April 1953US Walkie Talkie dated April 1953US Walkie Talkie dated April 1953US Walkie Talkie dated April 1953
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nice one Larry, now you need a second one!

Larry,

A nice looking radio set.. These will often have parts missing or corroded connections..

$120 is a very good bargain..

We have several of these in the museum collection..

Common Infantry communications equipment in order to talk to tankers and artillerymen..

Well done

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Larry kept on trying to call me at the Max Show but couldn't understand why he wasn't getting a cell signal
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not sure on this model but I know the WW2 version was called a handy talkie.. just saying.

AN / PRC - 6 Handie Talkie > AN/PRC-6 - Wikipedia

just found some info on it and appears to have been used into the Vietnam War.

" The AN/PRC-6 radio transmitters / handie talkies / walkie-talkies were used by the U.S. Military in the late Korean War Era through the Vietnam War. This style radio receiver was a replacement for the SCR-536 Handy-talkie used in WWII.

The PRC-6 operates using wide-band FM on a single crystal controlled frequency in the 47 to 55.4 MHz low band VHF band. The U.S. Marine Corps made limited use of the AN/PRC 6 as late as 1972. Both are marked RT-196/PRC-6 Radio Receiver Transmitter. "

US Walkie Talkie dated April 1953US Walkie Talkie dated April 1953
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nice piece of Kit and looks in great condition too.good find Larry.

?

The guts look great.
    I'm not seeing any corrosion . Crappy photo on the second photo. I would expect better from Da Dagger Dude!!!LOL!!!
    Battery pack looks good.
    Does she fire up??

Just a Tip.
    Dont be Keying/transmitting with the antenna off.

Not good for the amplifiers.

Looking at that second photo, The oval shaped metal casing on the top left is your crystal.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    The guts look great.
    I'm not seeing any corrosion . Crappy photo on the second photo. I would expect better from Da Dagger Dude!!!LOL!!!
    Battery pack looks good.
    Does she fire up??

Just a Tip.
    Dont be Keying/transmitting with the antenna off.

Not good for the amplifiers.

Looking at that second photo, The oval shaped metal casing on the top left is your crystal.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Are you talking about the battery in post #6? Those photos I think are a different Walkie Talkie that he was showing for comparison.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I'm talking about the second photo down.
    If that's not his Never Mind!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast