Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

USGI Z.L.& T. Ltd Canvas BAR Ammo Belt

Article about: Hello, I recently bought this USGI Canvas BAR Ammo Belt. I have been searching in the inet but I could not find a similar ammo belt for Browning Authomatic Rifle ammos made by the Canadian Z

?

Default USGI Z.L.& T. Ltd Canvas BAR Ammo Belt

Hello,
    I recently bought this USGI Canvas BAR Ammo Belt.
    I have been searching in the inet but I could not find a similar ammo belt for Browning Authomatic Rifle ammos made by the Canadian Z.L.& T. Ltd.

Some collectors said it could be rare since made in few pieces when Z.L.& T. Ltd was trying to get the contract signed by US Army.

I would be very glad to hear your impressions about.

Thank you in advance.

Here are some photos.

Salu2 a to2
    Bizio

FISAT Life Member & NRA Life Member

?

The larger of the 2 Z L & T plants was in Guelph Ontario. I have never seen anything made by them for the US, so it must be rare!

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

I'm not able see the photos but sounds very interesting.

Canadian made U.S. gear.....want to see it so bad!!!

Regards,
    Taka

?

Quote by CampX View Post
    The larger of the 2 Z L & T plants was in Guelph Ontario. I have never seen anything made by them for the US, so it must be rare!

Dean O
    Ajax Canada
    Hi CampX.
    thank you for your feed back.
    The pull up fasteners are written in French so I think they were probably made in Quebec and sold in stock to Z L & T in Ontario.
    The item is supposed to be maybe part of a very small stock or maybe just a sample item to test quality before selling a stock to US Army.
    Salu2 a to2
    Bizio

?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    I'm not able see the photos but sounds very interesting.

Canadian made U.S. gear.....want to see it so bad!!!

Regards,
    Taka
    I am sorry you can't see pictures.
    They are uploaded and hosted to imageshack server ....
    Salu2 a to2
    Bizio

?

One interesting thing about ZL&T, when they were making a single type of item, they would use what ever fittings they had. I have seen the shovel carriers with all brass fittings, all steel fittings and a mixture of both..also I have seen the steel fittings painted at least 3 different colours.
    The Guelph plant made webbing up to the 60s, of a more modern type of course.
    Dean O
    Last edited by CampX; 11-06-2013 at 05:14 PM.

?

Some good solid info there Dean

Regards Mark K

?

Mark, it's all crap...experts always quote the regs of what things should be, hands on is the only way we know the truth, but as a lot of stuff is not shown on TV ( the great American teacher) or shown in early books..then info like I have given "must be wrong"
    I know this about ZL&T shovel carriers, because a few years ago I bought 600 of them, all came out at the same time, and I could not believe the differences in the way they were made..
    Sorry for going off like this...but that WAS they way it was, we in Canada tried to supply our Troops according to the books, and other Armies also, all over the world..so we did what ha to be done to do that.

Again sorry for this out burst...my PTSD kicks in around Nov 11th..the Medic thing.
    Perhaps it would be better if I was off this forum for a week or 2.

Dean O

Ajax Canada

?

Dean you are not popping off mate nothing wrong at all with what you have stated here and as far as I am cocerned you are correct just because it has never been seen before or it has not been documented does not mean it wasn't so I have some fairly interesting P-37 gear that shows up know were in the books for a lack of a better phrase but I know it is real as I own it and it is war time dated and stamped.

Regards Mark K

Sorry if I'm off topic.

I myself own a U.S. Bakelite flash light (Black/Dark Brown) with bold USN on. However, I also own a rather rear one, same style, and color, except it has bold RCAF on! I've never imagine the U.S. made something specifically for Canada more surprisingly for the RCAF when I saw it (around 2008).

Regards,
    Taka

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast