Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 Dog Tags?

Article about: Hi guys as I do not usually collect American ww2 Militaria I ended pulling these two dog tags out Of a box of hand me downs as I felt bad and finally hung them up out of respect. One of thes

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Thank you Rene and Danmark that’s interesting I’m having a hard time figuring out where it’s from I’ve been trying to study the sight for dog tags but I’m having a hard time with it!
    It actually has all you need on these tags. There is more than one page on the site.

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    The one set is from 1961
    The othe pair are Korean era, the abbreviation ER for enlisted reserve was not used in Vietnam.

Just found that out Rene lol thank you! And thank you blackCat for that!

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    I’ve did some research on Hodges dog tag and I’ve found some bits of information but I do not know if it’s him. But he was Killed in action on April 28th 1943 was a private in the army 9th infantry division. But I’m not sure if that’s the exact person or not.

Edit: I’ve seem to be wrong as the Hodge one does seem like a Vietnam dog tag
    Milburn Leland Hodge was AF, Air Force. He passed in 1987, no further info thus far.

I would be more than happy to give these dog tags back to his Kin if they’d like them. I thought that might be what AF stood for on the tags but wasn’t sure thank you BlackCat!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2