Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ww2 first aid kit pouch help

Article about: Hi Any help is welcome about this US first aid pouch kit..??? Any idea about M Maker, appears something like AIRTRESS MIDLAND 1942 stamped ... ?? Thanks in advance

Just arrived today and Im so curious to know if all closure elements were same in the whole pouches like on mine and what about this maker marked something like TRW DOT stamping on snaps fasteners????

Ww2 first aid kit  pouch helpWw2 first aid kit  pouch helpWw2 first aid kit  pouch helpWw2 first aid kit  pouch helpWw2 first aid kit  pouch help
    Last edited by Velasco; 10-07-2022 at 08:08 PM.

There were many makers of these fasteners. STAR and KliKit were others. The "lift the dot" style goes back to the horse and cart days....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Please read this thread that I found searching Google...here is posted about this TRW DOT snap fastener maker and I could see that may be this maker TRW DOT started in 1965????
    TRW Marked Sling Snap? - The Carbine Collector's Club

And then what is my pouch:
    1)an original one with a replaced postwar snap fastener and in this case what should be the sense of this replacement????
    2) the pouch is a complete fake even the stamping maker existed????

Quote by Velasco View Post
    Please read this thread that I found searching Google...here is posted about this TRW DOT snap fastener maker and I could see that may be this maker TRW DOT started in 1965????
    TRW Marked Sling Snap? - The Carbine Collector's Club

And then what is my pouch:
    1)an original one with a replaced postwar snap fastener and in this case what should be the sense of this replacement????
    2) the pouch is a complete fake even the stamping maker existed????
    Well, that is good research there and it seems to prove the TRW stamped fastener is postwar manufacture.
    So, logic says that with a 1942 stamp, your pouch must be a reproduction? ( and there are many of them out there )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I don't think the pouch is repro, although the fastener might be replaced. The thing is 80 years old and things might have happened to it in all those years...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2