Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Newspaper 'Kronstadt Worker'

Article about: As our Son, Lukas was born in Kronstadt, Russia last year I always keep a look out for wartime items related to Kronstadt and its Baltic Fleet Naval base. This 1939 edition of 'Workers Krons

Default 1939 Newspaper 'Kronstadt Worker'

As our Son, Lukas was born in Kronstadt, Russia last year I always keep a look out for wartime items related to Kronstadt and its Baltic Fleet Naval base.

This 1939 edition of 'Workers Kronstadt' newspaper was issued on the eve of the war against Finland..the Winter War.

The headline on the front page left accuses the Finnish troops of starting an unprovoked artillery barrage of Soviet positions and claims that "the hearts of the Soviet patriots are full of hatred towards the Finnish provocateurs of war"

Page 2 is about the righteous indignation of the Soviet workers and how they are all ready to repel the insolent Finnish invaders.

Page 3 shows a map of Finland and a detailed account of its military strength.

Page 4 has situation reports about the war in the West and is clearly sympathetic towards Germany whom the Soviet Union still had a non-aggression pact at the time !

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Newspaper 'Kronstadt Worker'   1939 Newspaper 'Kronstadt Worker'  

1939 Newspaper 'Kronstadt Worker'   1939 Newspaper 'Kronstadt Worker'  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Newspaper 'Kronstadt Worker'
    P
    Many