Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Soldiers book translation

Article about: Hello, I picked up this soldiers book and Millitary exemption form. I have managed to translate the printed text but am struggling with some of the handwriting, as some of it is small and sm

Default Soldiers book translation

Hello,

I picked up this soldiers book and Millitary exemption form. I have managed to translate the printed text but am struggling with some of the handwriting, as some of it is small and smudged.

So far I think his name is Vasiliy Skolovenko (1906), a Ukrainian from Kiev? I have managed a few key words so far.
    I was wondering if anyone else can identify any other information. Some of the info is quite small but any help is well appreciated.

(Sorry some of the pictures are sideways)

Soldiers book translationSoldiers book translation

Many thanks,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldiers book translation
    P
    Many

Hello Rustyyyy,

These military booklets are not easy to translate. They are full of military terminology, but I can try to translate something for you.
    The booklet is in the name of Skolovenko Vasily Zakharovich (Сколовенко Василий Захарович), born in Ukraine in 1906.
    On page 5 in the booklet an army unit is mentioned: 4 С.П. - 98 С.Д. (4 Стрелковый Полк - 98 Стрелковой Дивизии/4th Infantry Regiment - 98th Infantry Division).
    I'm not quite sure, but it could be this person; Сколовенко Василий Захарович :: Память народа .

Rustyyyy,

I agree with Asjemenou. Voenny Billets are hard to translate. Takes a person who's very literate in old Russian language and terms. Although, I will say they can provide a wealth of information on an individual soldier. Provides you an insight that you don't ordinarily get to read about.

The only person I can think of that might be able to help you with translation is Matt Jensen. Matt operates and runs Sovietorders.com. One of the best Soviet militaria sites out there. Have done research business with him in the past. 100% honest and a great guy to boot.

Good luck!

Gerry C.

From the Finally... Cool, Windy & Stormy High Plains of the MIdwest

Thank you, I have continued to try and I understand, thank you for your time, much appreciated

Thank you, I will look into it.
    Many thanks and your help is much appreciated.

It is Igor (Egorka on this forum) that does the translations for Matt. He does excellent research yes so he'd be the guy to go to. It costs a small fee but that is understandable due to the length of the translation. I highly recommend them