Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Era Postcard Written by Russian Soldier shortly after pushing Germans out of Village

Article about: This postcard was written by a Russian Soldier named Dmitriy. It reads: “7th February 1944 Hi Lena, Having some free time, a postcard I scored, a pen, and ink, I’m writing to you. Curren

Default WW2 Era Postcard Written by Russian Soldier shortly after pushing Germans out of Village

WW2 Era Postcard Written by Russian Soldier shortly after pushing Germans out of Village
    This postcard was written by a Russian Soldier named Dmitriy. It reads:

“7th February 1944

Hi Lena,

Having some free time, a postcard I scored, a pen, and ink, I’m writing to you.

Currently I’m in a large destroyed village, we kicked all the krauts out a few days back. No civilians whatsoever - the Germans chased them all out. There are words scratched into the walls that tell of the suffering people underwent, the torture the Germans inflicted, of how desperately people are waiting for us. Semi-destroyed houses are gaping with broken windows, in the houses we find simple village belongings: mugs, plates, clothes; in the cellar there’s potatoes, flour, pickles. The Germans won’t let people take anything, dooming them to a hungry demise.

And that’s why the ire and hatred towards Germans is building up.

Hi to all. Dmitriy”

The postcard has an address of Kharkiv city, “Voroshylova village” to a Yelena Maletskaya.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Era Postcard Written by Russian Soldier shortly after pushing Germans out of Village
    P
    Many

Something else that’s pretty interesting, Dmitriy used a German postcard. Most likely something he found laying around in the village he mentioned.

?

"a trophy postcard" - as he writes.

MAP
    ?

Very interesting piece
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)