Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Another piece of history ruined for profit

Article about: by Bill T Most of these albums never see the light of day or benefit the public, but just sit on the shelf of some collector. Selling these photos gets them into the hands of people who will

I apologize if such a necropost as this is unwanted, but I just recently discovered that the third photo in post #30 is of the Kriegerdenkmal in Forbach.

Again, it is a shame that there are so few notations in the collection of photographs these are part of. Whether military or family history, time is of the essence when it comes to getting people to identify their photos.

Best regards,

G. Kelly

One final note on this, I have on occasion donated items to the NYS Military Museum and other museums and I can tell you when you donated items to a museum it's generally done with the understanding that they can do what they want with the item that may benefit the museum. This can be anything from adding it to their collection, breaking up related items to be added or selling or donating the item to another museum that may require them and even sell the item to the public as surplus. In some cases it may be better to place such items you care about on long term loan to the museum, that way you or your heirs still retain ownership.

Museums have some 'dirty little secrets' and sadly some of the management don't even think of them as 'dirty'...……….

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4