Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British propaganda poster

Article about: This is arguably the rarest item in my collection, an original early way British propaganda poster. If I remember correctly this version was actually distributed before the famous "keep

?

Default British propaganda poster

This is arguably the rarest item in my collection, an original early way British propaganda poster. If I remember correctly this version was actually distributed before the famous "keep calm and carry on" poster. Been looking for nearly a year and can't find a similar one online anywhere. Let me know what you guys think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British propaganda poster  

I like it! Can’t tell if it’s original or not, but not many of them have survived, so I wouldn’t be surprised if you couldn’t find another online.

Regards, B.B.

?

So in between classes I've been doing some research... The "freedom is in peril..." poster was printed at the same time as the famous "keep calm" posters, however only 750k of the former were printed compared to the 2.5 million of the former.
    Like the keep calm variant it saw very limited distribution if any at all. And through my research no originals are known to exist... however, I believe this one to be original, possibly the only remaining one.

The poster itself appears to be period, as it has the correct age and even had the "smell" to it as well if you know what I mean. The ways I acquired this also makes me believe it is original.

I acquired it from my fathers 60+ year old co-worker, who's father had owned am antique store his whole life up until it closed sometimes in the 1990's, but it wasn't until a few years ago that he began to clean it out which is when he found this poster folded up among piles of documents and other paper items. Knowing I'm interested in this stuff he called my dad and gave it to me for $5.

If you guys have any comments or anything to add please leave them below, I am very curious about this and it has become an obsession for me the last few days.

Best, Wally

?

Some added photos of the poster.

I had it professionally framed a while ago so unfortunately I can't provide very detailed photos of the poster.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British propaganda poster   British propaganda poster  

With these new photos, I'd say it was authentic. It has the right look of age to it, and it looks great in the frame. A nice find.

B.B.

?

Thanks Brodie, I was wondering what the chances of others being out there are, just so I can have an idea of how rare this poster would be

Best, Wally
    Last edited by Wally6; 11-13-2020 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Spelling

MAP
    ?

Looks fantastic.

I love posters like this. The issue is that they take up too much real estate to display! LOL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)