Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

'Firebomb Fritz' Magazine Clipping

Article about: Hello folks. A very minor piece of ephemera, easy to overlook on its own. An advertisement for the Fire Guard, cut from a period magazine. Depicting the infamous 'Firebomb Fritz' character,

Default 'Firebomb Fritz' Magazine Clipping

Hello folks.

A very minor piece of ephemera, easy to overlook on its own. An advertisement for the Fire Guard, cut from a period magazine. Depicting the infamous 'Firebomb Fritz' character, it provides both a warning and a reassuring message to the public. The legend 'Britain shall not burn!' became synonymous with the Fire Guard, and with the Blitz Spirit in general.

Alongside my other Fire Guard items, I feel it complements the display rather nicely.

'Firebomb Fritz' Magazine Clipping'Firebomb Fritz' Magazine Clipping'Firebomb Fritz' Magazine Clipping

Regards, B.B.

I like it, and thanks for sharing.

Mart

Great display. My late Grandmother lived in Birmingham during the War and could remember an incendiary bomb clattering down the roof of the house and landing in the back garden. Luckily it failed to ignite and her neighbour quickly put a bucket of sand over it.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Great display. My late Grandmother lived in Birmingham during the War and could remember an incendiary bomb clattering down the roof of the house and landing in the back garden. Luckily it failed to ignite and her neighbour quickly put a bucket of sand over it.
    That must have been truly terrifying to experience firsthand. You can imagine how much worse it might have been if it had broken through the roof tiles and ended up in the attic. I've heard that the Luftwaffe added secondary charges to them later on as well, with the intention of killing the volunteer firefighters who rushed to deal with them.

B.B.