Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Gas Attack Poster

Article about: Hello folks. This was a great find for me, one of the many times eBay has proven its worth as a suitable platform for militaria collectors. This was one of two original posters listed by the

Default Gas Attack Poster

Hello folks.

This was a great find for me, one of the many times eBay has proven its worth as a suitable platform for militaria collectors. This was one of two original posters listed by the same seller, the other of which I sadly missed out on. Typically, original propaganda posters from the Home Front sell for ludicrous amounts of money, typically with price tags in the mid- to high-hundreds. I secured this one for the princely sum of £50.

This poster offers instructions for the correct actions to take during a gas attack, to include proper fitting of respirators and advice on what to do if exposed to various war gases. Printed by Fosh and Cross in London on behalf of the government, it measures 50.6 x 37.8cm, and is printed on coarse paper. It has been folded for many years, and there are rust stains on the top edge where a paperclip used to be, but otherwise the paper is in good shape, and the colours remain bright and bold.

Looking forward to getting this one framed!

Gas Attack PosterGas Attack Poster

Regards, B.B.

Nice item BB. Congrats.
    John

Very nice! I love using eBay as well.

Quote by sweersz View Post
    Very nice! I love using eBay as well.
    Some do like to rubbish it as a haven for fake crap, but it's a great place to go hunting if you know what you're looking for.

B.B.

Will look great once framed!
    Great piece.. Congrats.

Nice item, Friend, last year, I saw Great Britain used Mickey Mouse masks for children, perhaps the same for the kids!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Nice item, Friend, last year, I saw Great Britain used Mickey Mouse masks for children, perhaps the same for the kids!
    I've posted a children's 'Mickey Mouse' gas mask on the forum previously: C2 'Mickey Mouse' Respirator

Gas drills were a regular thing for both adults and children, with both workplaces and schools holding them daily. You could be fined if you were caught without your mask (some things never change!) or if you damaged it through rough treatment or poor storage. With the latent fears of gas and memories of WWI, the British government really took this sort of thing seriously. Thankfully it all proved unnecessary in the end.

B.B.

A very nice poster!

This is the type of item most people didn't think of saving back in the day. I can't wait to see it framed up!