Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Hand drawn ‘news letter / news paper’ 327 Battery, Field Artillery + pinup

Article about: I nice little collection of hand drawn ‘news letters’. From their condition it would appear that they were pinned to a notice board. They would appear to have belonged to a Gunner Thomas

Default Hand drawn ‘news letter / news paper’ 327 Battery, Field Artillery + pinup

I nice little collection of hand drawn ‘news letters’. From their condition it would appear that they were pinned to a notice board.
    They would appear to have belonged to a Gunner Thomasson (“Sydney”) as a couple of the pages are signed by him (although he does appear to be the resident artist for the newsletter). One of the pages is dated 17th May 1944.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hand drawn ‘news letter / news paper’ 327 Battery, Field Artillery + pinup   Hand drawn ‘news letter / news paper’ 327 Battery, Field Artillery + pinup  

Hand drawn ‘news letter / news paper’ 327 Battery, Field Artillery + pinup   Hand drawn ‘news letter / news paper’ 327 Battery, Field Artillery + pinup  

Hand drawn ‘news letter / news paper’ 327 Battery, Field Artillery + pinup   Hand drawn ‘news letter / news paper’ 327 Battery, Field Artillery + pinup  

?

I had a look through the Thomasson's on the Nominal Roll. Just one Gunner: Thomas Leslie from Brisbane, served with 2/11 AAFR. QX32873. Later a farmer near Rockhampton.

?

Fantastic collection. I love stuff like this , thanks for sharing.
    Cheers Rick

Oh, man! Those are great! I love things like this. Really nice illustrations. Thanks for sharing those.

-Robyn

Brilliant.

Those are awesome!