Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Husband & wife group: Army and SOE

Article about: Now we have a selection of letter which he sent home. I felt I was intruding on their privacy when I first got these and read them. They are love letters. So I will just show a few here with

Default Re: Husband & wife group: Army and SOE

Wonderful group, Ade.

I'm with the others - I too think it is awful that somebody
    would toss away all these mementoes, but it's great
    that you were able to rescue it all...............
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Default Re: Husband & wife group: Army and SOE

A fascinating read.

All the more so for me because my father was commissioned into 2 Cameronians and served throughout the war and through to 1948 when the was transferred to 1DLI.

I must try and track down a copy of that booklet.

Many thanks for sharing Ade

wow amazing thread!
    well found and rescued! gave me a shiver!

Hi
    My name is Derek Brown. The family in your group including Elizabeth and Norman Munn are my Aunt and Uncle. Unfortunately My mother lost touch with Elizabeth in the 1980's. She died a few years ago without being able to see the information in your collection. My son did contact you some time ago but I think that the link must have been lost. I would like to try again.
    Obviously I am very keen to see what other information that you have in this collection. I would hope that you can see your way to allowing me this opportunity as it is a vital part of my family history.

Hi Derek, sorry I never received a message from your Son?

Good to meet you.

Basically all what I have is listed here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade
    Thank you for your reply. Among your documents you mentioned Wedding certificate and Personal letters. Is there any chance that I could have a copy of these?
    Regards
    Derek

Of course. Send me a PM with your email address.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade

Obviously I am so excited to be able to contact you.

My family and I would be so grateful for any copies of documents or letters that you would be able to send.

Regards

Derek

Hi Derek, I have copied your emaill address. Never post it in public as you could get spammed to death!

Give me a bit of time on this. I will drop you a line now with my email.

Cheers, Ade.

the vehicle in the picture looks like it is a Canadian dodge T212 . more or less the same as the American Dodge but right hand drive, with different style pick up body conforming to a British and Commonwealth type pattern and different wheels. used a lot in the desert campaign. cheers, mike

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6