Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My dads pics,from ww2 88th Blue Devil Div.

Article about: He was only 17 when he went in,88th div, sent to Italy,these guys were scouts with radios.He had a camera and took some pics of his buddys.He ended up guarding german prisoners,after the sur

A shot in the dark Werewolf, have you ever heard the names Don Lassen (spelled phonetically), from Atlanta, who was in the 505th and published The Static Line? He jumped into Sicily, Normandy, Holland and, I believe, Germany? Or Morton Katz, also in the 505th, a lawyer from Hartford CT, who jumped into Normandy and Holland with Don, and who still practices in the Hartford area? I have known Morty for almost 40 tears, a truly great guy, and spoke to Don a few times years ago. Wonderful and modest men whose sacrifices saved the world! They, and your Dad, are truly the Greatest Generation! Jim G.

Here is a pic of his group,at a building in Italy, they turned into Headquarters.Still finding pics.Some are of the Italian dictator and mistress demise,caught and shot , hung them up by their feet by the Italians .My dad didn't take the last 3 photos,but brought them back,may have bought them as they were circulated at the time.Hitler didn't want to end up like this so shot himself and had his body burned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My dads pics,from ww2 88th Blue Devil Div.   My dads pics,from ww2 88th Blue Devil Div.  

My dads pics,from ww2 88th Blue Devil Div.   My dads pics,from ww2 88th Blue Devil Div.  

TWS
    ?

Fantastic family heirloom TC. My uncle joined the Navy at 17 in 1945 and he passed in 2014. I think of how "mature" (not) I was at 17 and tip my hat to the Greatest Generation.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2