Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

My father's GI Bible; my GI Rosary

Article about: The WW2 GI Bible was issued to my father. It is one of the first books that my mother used to teach me to read. It is different than most Bibles because the Gospels and Epistles are unified.

Default My father's GI Bible; my GI Rosary

The WW2 GI Bible was issued to my father. It is one of the first books that my mother used to teach me to read. It is different than most Bibles because the Gospels and Epistles are unified. The Gospel narrative is told from beginning to end once, using all four Gospels combined with the verses arranged in chronological order. My father enlisted in 1941, and the Bible is dated 1942.

I went on active duty in 1974, and the Rosary was given to me in 1975. It has knotted string instead of beads to prevent making noise, and is in subdued colors. The Chaplain gave a Rosary to everybody who wanted one. As I recall everybody in my battery, including Protestants,wanted one. My father's GI Bible; my GI RosaryMy father's GI Bible; my GI Rosary

Such a fantastic piece of family history! Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

MAP
    ?

I agree. What a great family heirloom. Never heard of a bible arranged that way.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice piece of familiar history. and the Rosary too.

Regards
    Santi

I love this post. Different generations of family, both soldiers, ONE faith!

My geandfathers's GI bibles...
    The top one dated July 28, 1942 Fort Knox, Kentucky
    The bottom one recieved in Sicily

My father's GI Bible; my GI Rosary