Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original WW2 Era Photo showing British Soldier Aiming Pistol at Camera.

Article about:

Default Original WW2 Era Photo showing British Soldier Aiming Pistol at Camera.

Hi JB.

Really interesting photo, thank you for sharing it with us.

I may be wrong but I would say the soldier is an American, note his webbing, m1936 suspenders, m1910 pistol belt and colt 45 holster. Along with this he is wearing gaiters. I know the US used a similar style of helmet to the British before they used the m1, maybe it is the m1917a1 Kelly Helmet.

Kind regards,

Will.

Hey Will,

It certainly could be. What made me wonder though was the uniform itself, which I compared to some British photos online and it looked exactly like it. But I’m certainly no expert when it comes to uniforms, belts, etc. I will definitely look more into it. But you’re most likely right. Thank you for letting me know!

Good day,

JB

Hopefully a US military uniform collector will see this and help out. I was thinking that he might be either Army or USMC, but I am the same and am not sure about the actual uniform.

I don't know if this will help, but I found this link which shows a video from the Battle of Wake Island and you can see the Marines are wearing the same style helmet.

Wake Island Survivor - UNIFORMS - U.S. Militaria Forum