Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Photos of Brazilians in World War II

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I would like to share with you some photos of the Brazilian Expeditionary Force, More known as FEB (Força Expedicionária Brasileira), in World War II. Brazil sent around 2

?

Quote by Richard2 View Post
    Nice pictures! I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the Brazilian soldier in his fox hole may be holding a 1903a3 Springfield. PIctures of the a3 in combat are not very common.
    Initially the United States supplied its surplus Springfield rifles to the Brazilians. Over time, M1 garand rifles and carbines reached the Brazilians

?

Here are some more photos:

This is a photograph of the brother of the last soldier mentioned. He joined the navy, but I don't have more information about him.

This is a picture of Lieutenant Heitor França

In this one, Lieutenant Paulo de Oliveira is aboard the ship "Pedro I", one of the ships that brought Brazilians from Italy to Brazil with the end of the war

Some soldiers in the ruins of Anzio

A few more Brazilian soldiers in the Italian winter between 1944 and 1945

This is not a WWII photo. It was taken in 1961 in Suez, but the man in the middle of the photo was a well-known WWII veteran here in Brazil for having been the earliest president of the War Veterans Association.

The last photo is of 2 Brazilian lieutenants posing at a monument in France.

These are all the photos I have of Brazilians in World War II. They are increasingly difficult to find although it is still possible to find them with some ease.

Soon I will have 2 or 3 more photos of the Brazilian expeditionary force. When I have them I will post them here.

I hope you enjoyed

?

thank you for the responce to mu question.

?

Hi,
    See the movie " Road 47" (2013)
    Cheers,
    luc

?

Quote by Narcis View Post
    Hi,
    See the movie " Road 47" (2013)
    Cheers,
    luc
    This is a good movie!
    Anyone who can watch it is a good recommendation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2