Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

REME 20 Beach Recovery Section Docs and Other Items

Article about: Hi all. I recently purchased a group of medals and documents to a chap who served in REME in NW Europe. According to his AB64 he was a vehicle mechanic and judging by the stamp on an (admitt

Cheers Mark, thanks for education...

And yes, DCIs continue to be produced for the purposes you list (sourced from Defence Intranet as you suggest) for Tri-Service (& some MOD civil servant) use... with some still being single-Service specific instructions. Not sure if they were introduced when ACI to DCI change happened, but the Army have also had Land Forces Standing Orders (LFSOs), which recently transitioned to Army Command Standing Orders (ACSOs) to reflect Land Command being renamed Army HQ... in fact, some LFSOs may still be extant as they were being changed over only on update of the content.

Quote by brickie501 View Post
    Cheers Mark, thanks for education...

And yes, DCIs continue to be produced for the purposes you list (sourced from Defence Intranet as you suggest) for Tri-Service (& some MOD civil servant) use... with some still being single-Service specific instructions. Not sure if they were introduced when ACI to DCI change happened, but the Army have also had Land Forces Standing Orders (LFSOs), which recently transitioned to Army Command Standing Orders (ACSOs) to reflect Land Command being renamed Army HQ... in fact, some LFSOs may still be extant as they were being changed over only on update of the content.
    Thanks for that too!

If I recall correctly when I left in '99 The extent of orders/instructions at DCI level was; DCIs, AGAIs (Army General Administrative Instructions - now far more significant?) and QR (Queens Regulations for the Army 1975) as well as The Army Act 1955 (superceeded by The Armed Forces Act) and good old MML (Manual of Military Law) together with various theatre regulations. LFSO and ACSO came later I believe during the post Cold War and Draw Down madness that still prevails from what I can tell!

I live local to a major garrison and do keep a close eye on my "Alma Mater" and am so glad I don't have to work with all the tripe that abounds today

Anyway, shouldn't stray from the topic too far eh? Getting a bit like "swinging the lantern"
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Unfortunately I can't find any indication of the contents of, or reference to, it in my copy of "Craftsmen of the Army (Vol 1)" but a complete set of Army Council Instructions (January 1916 to March 1964) is held by The National Archives, & 1562/44 is under reference WO 293/32... regrettably, its not a digitized record that can be downloaded.

Hi guys. Thanks again for the insights into what appears to be quite a complex topic for the layman. I will keep endeavouring to find more out about this group. As always if anyone has any further info it would be well received. Many thanks

?

interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2