Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Share your Allied photos

Article about: Aaron great photos. Like the camo lids. Gary

?

Share your Allied  photos

This was also in the group of RCAF pics

Richelieu Roars Again; This photo came from my grandfather, a Royal Navy WW1 veteran, who while he served in the Army in WW2 continued his interest in warships. Not sure where he got this photo from. 8 gun broadside salvo, very cool.

Share your Allied  photosShare your Allied  photos

Quote by JohnF View Post
    few more
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]Attachment 1092610
    That Panther is quite famous, it was one knocked out at Tilly-sur-Seulles during July 1944.

Here it is again,

?

Great photos guys

Default Greek Sacred Squadron and French Second Armoured Division

I thought I could share this photo I have recently received. Seller maintained it's set in Tunisia, March 1943, and shows Members of the Greek Sacred Squadron (Ieros Lochos), French and British Troops. At a closer scrutiny one can thell that the officer sitting in the middle is Colonel Christodulos Gigantes, commander of the Sacred Squadron, and the French officer sitting on the left bears a very strong resemblance to general Leclerc, commander of the Deuxieme Division blindée. Please take notice of the SAS troopers wearing a mix of headgear (shemmaghs and slouch hat, Greek troopers wearing cap comforters) and of the rear section of a SAS or Sacred Squadron Willys jeep loaded with jerrycans and armed with a Vickers K gun.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share your Allied  photos  
    Last edited by Loupie1961; 09-24-2020 at 04:41 PM.

?

great pictures. thanks for posting.

?

What a great photo thank you for sharing

MAP
    ?

Quote by Loupie1961 View Post
    I thought I could share this photo I have recently received. Seller maintained it's set in Tunisia, March 1943, and shows Members of the Greek Sacred Squadron (Ieros Lochos), French and British Troops. At a closer scrutiny one can thell that the officer sitting in the middle is Colonel Christodulos Gigantes, commander of the Sacred Squadron, and the French officer sitting on the left bears a very strong resemblance to general Leclerc, commander of the Deuxieme Division blindée. Please take notice of the SAS troopers wearing a mix of headgear (shemmaghs and slouch hat, Greek troopers wearing cap comforters) and of the rear section of a SAS or Sacred Squadron Willys jeep loaded with jerrycans and armed with a Vickers K gun.
    First I ever heard of the Sacred Squadron. Will need to read up on them. Thanks for the great photo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

just picked this one up, I don't collect signed photos but like to incorporate photos into my militaria displays...I really liked this piciture..... Urban (Ben) Drew, US WW2 Ace...... 8 x 10, signed to (not me)...I'm guessing the guy is saying," how many ME262's did you shoot down today " ?.........Ben Drew is credited(with some dispute) with shooting down two ME262's on the same day.....not sure who noted the aircraft kills but the ink appears to be the same as the signature....

presented for view and/or comment

the picture

his plane

I don't' seem to buy many WWII pics these days but I got this one recently, 3rd Welsh Guards in Tunisia in universal carriers as part of 6th armoured division
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share your Allied  photos  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast