Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Something Different

Article about: I thought that I would post something abit different for something new. I picked up this autographed photo of the magnificent Vera Lynn some time ago and thought that perhaps you might like

Default Something Different

I thought that I would post something abit different for something new. I picked up this autographed photo of the magnificent Vera Lynn some time ago and thought that perhaps you might like to see it. This superb Lady is still with us today and is now 98 years old and still beautiful. She was rightly known as the Forces Sweetheart and the Voice of the War, and to many of us of the former age, hearing her Sterling pure voice will still bring tears to the eye. Amazing songs such as "I'll Be With You In Apple Blossom Time", "We'll Meet Again", and "When I Grow Too Old to Dream" and countless others-they were, indeed, known to have wrenched unashamed tears from the toughest and gutsiest soldiers out in the field when heard. Dame Vera Lynn. Here is to many more years!
    Something Different
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A wonderful lady and was and still is a national treasure

She worked so hard during the war years and put her life at risk many times during the bombing raids in the early days of the London Blitz

Great photo !

Lovely photo. As my brother and I were odd children, my father wrote to Vera Lynn in the late 1980s to say how much we all enjoyed her music. We got a lovely letter and signed photograph back which my Dad still has. Definately agree with HistoryMan that she is a national treasure!