Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Era Letter Written By American Soldier in 1945. He speaks of his previous experience staying with an Austrian lady, as well as his lust for German Girls.

Article about: The letter was written by Francis A Bebelheimer. He was an American Soldier during WW2. The letter reads: “This is the name of the town -> Eschwege Some place by Kassel I don’t know t

Default WW2 Era Letter Written By American Soldier in 1945. He speaks of his previous experience staying with an Austrian lady, as well as his lust for German Girls.

WW2 Era Letter Written By American Soldier in 1945. He speaks of his previous experience staying with an Austrian lady, as well as his lust for German Girls.
    The letter is postmarked July 14th 1945. It was written by Francis A Bebelheimer. He was an American Soldier during WW2.

The letter reads:

“This is the name of the town -> Eschwege

Some place by Kassel
    I don’t know the name of the town yet.

Dear Mom:

Well how is every one at home? Good I hope. I traveled a long ways since I wrote you last, about 650 miles. I hated to leave Salzburg, the old lady cried her eyes out when I left. She kissed me on each cheek. She couldn’t say shorty, she called me Shirley. She was good to us, she washed our clothes + ironed them+ shorten sleeves + pants for us, yes she was like a mother to me + I’ll never forget her for all she done for us. There for a while we weren’t getting much to eat, she gave me some bread with butter+ radishes. She is 50 yrs old, has one daughter + a son, he was killed in Russia. Me + her could talk kraut + she understood everything I said. I hope they soon leave us talk to the civilians. No doubt about it, Germany has the most beautiful girls I ever seen. Some of my buddies are going home soon, then I’ll be the oldest man in…

Page 2

my outfit. I’m Cpl of the guard tonight. I just got in, soaked to the skin, it rained cats+dogs. I was for a walk, don’t ask me who with. The Dutch is not the same here, I can’t talk it so good but I’ll get use to it. The Russians are just over the hill from us. This is a nice clean town with a lot of nice girls. This town wasn’t bombed. I wish you could see Germany, it’s really beautiful. I will be staying in this town, we won’t move anymore. We have a Red Cross here. I must have eaten 2 dozen doughnuts with coffee, we have a nice setup here. God I wish I soon come home, they can have this place. It’s a long time since I seen you. I have a room all to myself with a wardrobe for my clothes, it’s in a nice big building on the Main Street. I can’t wait till tomorrow. I’m going walking again. I hope it don’t rain. I’ll send you a picture of the person…

Page 3

I go walking with. You should be able to hear me howling back there, boy I’m some wolf. No blonde this time a brunette, pretty nice, yes I’m a wolf from a way back, hell I’m only young once and as long as I be good, there’s no harm in it. It’s so darn long since I was near a girl I don’t know how to act anymore. I really had it nice in Salzburg. The day we left, they lifted that law on speaking to civilians. That’s Austria not dutch land. Boy are the guys burned up. I’ll say so long sweet heart. God bless my best girl “Mom”

xxxx
    xxxx + millions more.

Your boy
    The Wolf.”

Hi there.

What an interesting letter, thank you for sharing it with us.

Francis Alexander Bebelheimer in the U.S., World War II Draft Cards Young Men, 1940-1947.

Name: Francis Alexander Bebelheimer
    Race: White
    Relationship to Draftee: Self (Head)
    Birth Date: 10 Feb 1918
    Birth Place: Port Carbon, Pennsylvania, USA
    Residence Place: Mechanicsville, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, USA
    Registration Date: 16 Oct 1940
    Registration Place: Mechanicsville, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, USA
    Height: 5 5
    Weight: 135
    Complexion: Light
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Gray
    Next of Kin: Amelia Bebelheimer (Mother)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Era Letter Written By American Soldier in 1945. He speaks of his previous experience staying with an Austrian lady, as well as his lust for German Girls.   WW2 Era Letter Written By American Soldier in 1945. He speaks of his previous experience staying with an Austrian lady, as well as his lust for German Girls.  

Francis A Bebelheimer in the Pennsylvania, U.S., Veteran Compensation Application Files, WWII, 1950-1966.

Name: Francis A Bebelheimer
    Birth Place: Port Carbon, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, USA
    Residence Date: 8 Jun 1950
    Residence Place: Port Carbon, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, USA
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Era Letter Written By American Soldier in 1945. He speaks of his previous experience staying with an Austrian lady, as well as his lust for German Girls.   WW2 Era Letter Written By American Soldier in 1945. He speaks of his previous experience staying with an Austrian lady, as well as his lust for German Girls.  

Francis A Bebelheimer in the Pennsylvania, U.S., Veterans Burial Cards, 1777-2012.

Death Date: 10 Jan 1970
    Military Branch: Army
    Veteran of Which War: World War II
    Registration County: Schuylkill
    Cemetery Name: Summer Hill Cemetery
    Cemetery Location: S Manheim Township, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Era Letter Written By American Soldier in 1945. He speaks of his previous experience staying with an Austrian lady, as well as his lust for German Girls.  

SSG Francis A Bebelheimer
    Head Quarters Company 30th Infantry 3rd Division

Francis A. Bebelheimer (1918-1970) - Find a Grave Memorial
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Era Letter Written By American Soldier in 1945. He speaks of his previous experience staying with an Austrian lady, as well as his lust for German Girls.  

Francis A Bebelheimer in the U.S., World War II Hospital Admission Card Files, 1942-1954 (No image).

Race: White (includes Mexican) (White)
    Admission Age: 27
    Birth Date: abt 1918
    Admission Date: Mar 1945
    Discharge Date: Mar 1945
    Discharge Place: General Hospital
    Military Branch: Infantry, General or Unspecified
    Military Unit: 0
    Diagnosis: Diagnosis: Bronchitis, acute
    Type of Injury: InjuryType: Disease; InjuryType2: Not a traumatism
    Type of Discharge: Duty (includes AWOL)
    Length of Service: 1-2 yr.
    Service Number: 33624585
    Notes: None

Francis had one older brother, two sisters, one older one younger. He went on to marry and had two daughters.

Kind regards,

Will.

Thank you so much for all the info! Definitely didn’t expect it. I appreciate it!

My pleasure and I am glad to add some information about the man who wrote that fantastic letter. Thank you once again for sharing it with us!

I found a newspaper obituary for Francis, but the picture is so bad I didn't want to upload it. But it says the following about his military service. Mr Bebelheimer served with the Third Infantry Division. He was a Staff Sergeant and was in the battles of Naples, Rome, Arne, Northern and Southern France, Central Europe and North Africa. He received the Bronze Arrowhead award, good conduct medal, European, African award, Middle Eastern service medal with five bronze stars.

Kind regards,

Will.

A very interesting letter and great of Willmore to tease out so much about the young Wolf and the later veteran and his family. Sad that he passed so young.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast