WW2 Letter Written by US Soldier who served with the 106th Engineers, dated June 6th 1944.
The letter looks to be written by a Pvt. Sigmund Westad who served with the 106th Engineers. The battalion arrived at Dobodura, British New Guinea on March 17, 1944. Immediately they were called on to build camps, roads, bridges, furnish water, build and tear down day and night. He was likely here when he wrote the letter. On the very day he wrote this letter, the Normandy invasion was taking place in France.
WW2 Letter Written by US Soldier who served with the 106th Engineers, dated June 6th 1944.
The letter reads:

“June 6th 1944

Dear Family

Anothen Tusday, and all is well here. You must excuse me for not writing sooner. I meant to write Sunday, but i went to a ball game and didn’t get to write. When the game was over it started to rain and getting dark. We are having very nice weather now. I just got a letter from Johnny. He said he had gotten a crew, and it wouldn’t be long before he goes overseas. Well how are things at home? You wrote in your letter you were going to work this summer. That will be pretty good. When I get back again you will have a little money saved up. Did you get that fifty dollars I called home yet? How much money have I got now?

Live well!
Your loving son & brother

How about sending me a package with something good to eat. Also send me a couple of good watch straps, and a couple of them pins you fasten the watch with. One of the pins is getting kind of rusty. “