Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1917 US L.F.& C. Trench Knife

Article about: A new pick up today. Finally!!! A nice clean US WWI 1917 L.F.& C. Trench Knife with the 7 knuckle Pyramids on guard and triangular 9" blade and wooden finger grooved handle. Guard m

MAP
    ?

Default 1917 US L.F.& C. Trench Knife

A new pick up today.

Finally!!! A nice clean US WWI 1917 L.F.& C. Trench Knife with the 7 knuckle Pyramids on guard and triangular 9" blade and wooden finger grooved handle.

Guard marked "US 1917 L.F.& C." manufacture.

Around 75% of blueing remains. The knife is solid and tight. It is not sharpened but truth be told...it doesn't need to be...

Missing the scabbard but there is hope that this can be found so keeping my fingers crossed.

Been looking for one to go with my 1918 Au Lion trench knife!

Double click to enlarge the photos for high rez images!!

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice example Michael, an orphaned scabbard in good condition can be a pretty tall order (or a pricey one, anyway).

?

Nice pick up Micheal. I agree it does look awesome next to your Au Lion knuckle duster

I picked up a L.F.&C 1918 knuckleduster from a Local WW1 vet when I was 16 . It was my pride and joy of my limited bayonet/sword collection at the time. When I returned from USMC boot camp it was gone.The lock broken on the tool box I had it in. My brothers all swore it wasn't them and they mention that the plumber who came to replace the hot water heater had a known shady helper I have from that day always wanted to get a nice one again. Some day!!!

I wish you luck in finding a nice scabbard

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Thanks guys. Sorry to hear about the theft Phil. I would have been raging mad...

John: My friend thinks there is a chance that the scabbard is still to be found where this knife was sourced...so I am hopeful. Even if no luck, it's better to have one without a scabbard than none at all!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice knife.
    Congrats.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Cool My 1917 LF&C (and 1918 Au Lion)

@MAP... nice Rhodesian Brushstroke in that photo of your gorgeous 1918 Au Lion and 1917 LF&C. I had to respond to this thread because I've recently become an addict of WWI trench knife collecting and just added a 1917 LF&C, to go along with my only other blade, my 1918 Au Lion. I got a great deal on the 1917 LF&C (farm find from rural Illinois), which included the original scabbard, and has retained 85 to 90% of the blueing. The scabbard has seen better days, but it's original to the knife, and is in perfect working order. The knife is tight, no wiggles, sharp point, with nice color on the wooden handle. Some light rust around the 6-pyramid D-guard but I honestly love that! It's the character of the knife! I'm definitely not touching this blade (meaning, no cleaning). It's "Rusty Gold" baby, without much rust really. Haha. Anyway, I would love any and all comments, and suggestions on what should be my next purchase. Keep in mind, I want to stick with WWI and WWII only. Take care and be safe everyone!

?

MAP great stuff .

Moved a few things around on the ol' war memorabilia shelf. More importantly, I housed the LF&C 1917 in its new display case! I ended up going online and finding a plethora of WWI images and made them the backdrop for this iconic edged weapon of the Great War. Pretty happy with the way it turned out.

MAP
    ?

Nice idea to use photos as a backdrop